WHO WE ARE?
When we refer to we, our, us, or Urban Fountains and Furniture Pty Ltd ACN 21 086 679 245. Our offices are located at 5 Telford Circuit, Yatala QLD 4207.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
WHAT IS “PERSONAL INFORMATION”?
- The Privacy Act currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- If information does not disclose your identity or enable your identity to be ascertained, it will in most cases not be classified as “personal information” and will not be subject to this Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our Website. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include, but is not limited to the following: your name, organisation, role, state, contact details and possibly financial information, including your credit card information or bank account details and other information you give us (such as information relating to an enquiry you make). We also collect personal information about you when you use our website on your mobile device, including the type of device you are using and information about your usage and in some cases your location.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into our Website.
- Additionally, as you browse our Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Website, and information about how you interact with our Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies,
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Urban Fountains and Furniture is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our Website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The purpose for which we collect personal information is to:
- provide you with the best possible service experience;
- improve and optimise our Website;
- communicate with you;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (when in line with the preferences you have shared with us).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the Website (such as Google Analytics).
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website, you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can opt-out of Google Analytics
- Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Urban Fountains and Furniture, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in, or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- By using our Website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use
sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
- As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-onlineadvertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/enus/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to the terms of this Policy and the types of disclosure covered by this Policy. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request that the third party follow this Policy regarding handling your personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
- The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personal information that we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 07 3382 7372
Tel Int: +61 7 3382 7372
Your personal information will not be disclosed to recipients outside Australia unless you expressly request us to do so. If you request us to transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and we will not be liable for any mishandling of your information in such circumstances.
If you are an individual in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), we may be required to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR) which applies to us when processing the personal information of individuals (data subjects) who are in countries in the EEA in relation to offering you our products or services or if we monitor any of your behaviour when in those countries. Urban Fountain and Furniture is a data controller for our Website and services provided through our Website.
In some circumstances, the GDPR provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy can be obtained by contacting our [email protected]
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us below:
Urban Fountains and Furniture Head Office
5 Telford Circuit, Yatala QLD 4207.